Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Controlled Chaos is the theme of my Everyday!

I didn't want to write something new until I could say, "The book is done!  And you can buy it at such and such!"  But my perfectionism in combination with my disorganization (they go together in a weird way) has slowed me down a bit.  I'm doing my last reread of the book right now.  Well, right now I'm writing a blog post.  So, why am I not doing my last reread of my book?  Because I was working on it when the dog barked to go outside.  As I let her outside I saw my daughter's computer where my e-mail is for the time being because my computer died.  I decided to check to see if there was a response from my boss about my paycheck.  Then I saw an e-mail about an e-bay item I was looking at.  (Christmas presents - aren't I ahead of the game!) So, I looked up some items I was watching.  I decided I better not place a bid until I know if I have any money, so I went to my bank account online and did some budgeting work.  I needed my checkbook to see how many of my checks went through and how many more are waiting to go through.  I went to the kitchen to get my checkbook.  That's when I realized that I was hungry.  As I thought about food, I noticed the dishes all over the place.  I forgot again to get the dishwasher detergent.  Ugh.  I need to write that down.  (hang on I just checked my phone and i have 1 missed call and 5 missed messages.  Yikes!)  Ok, I'm back.  Where were we?  Oh yeah, in the kitchen.  I put detergent on the list, knowing that I probably won't have the list when I go to the store, but it's worth a shot.  JB came home before leaving again, so I changed out of my work clothes, because I have to pick up Andy, drop him off at explorers and then I have to run to school for my class.  I walk by the computer and find another e-mail about writing and marketing, which I look up.  One of the ideas for marketing is keeping up with your blog.  My! I haven't been writing anything new on my blog!  I could quick whip something out before class.  So, here I am.  Did I get to the part about why I'm not quite done going through my book?

3 comments:

Jessica said...

If you give a pig a pancake! I'm glad I'm not the only one who lives like this. I've recently learned that it's difficult for a perfectionist to make decisions because we're afraid we'll make the wrong choice. Ahhh, stuck in indecision.

Jenny said...

Jessica, SO TRUE! I've been trying to say, "oh well, good enough!" But it's hard to do!

Jessica said...

"Good enough" were bad words in my house growing up!