Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Biceps are Not Everything

As many of you know, I like to run.  I also like watches.  So for Christmas my husband gave me an ipod along with this funky ipod holder in the shape of a watch.  He bought it as a joke, but it has turned out to be my favorite gadget in which to carry my ipod while I'm running.  If you've done this before you know that it's hard to find headphones that don't pull or fall out while your running and it's hard to find a good way to carry your ipod so it doesn't get in the way.  

Today, I decided to try out the more popular arm band to hold the ipod.  I'm sure you've seen them on those joggers on the road or at the gym.  They have their mini music player strapped around their bicep and it looks really cool.  Well, I've always thought it looked cool, but I've never had one because I didn't want to pay the $20 to look cool.  Since I got one with my ipod at Christmas I thought I would skip the watch holder gadget and try to super cool bicep mount.  The problem is that you have to actually have a bicep to make this work.  There should be some kind of warning on the package about this little system flaw.  I mean, sure, maybe most people who go out running on a regular basis have biceps, but I don't think that should necessarily be assumed!


So, I put the ipod in the arm band, strapped the thing to my arm, put the headphones in my ears and headed off on the road.  About ten strides in I stopped to readjust the strap.  I thought it must not be tight enough, but there wasn't much room to make it any tighter, so I just hefted it up my arm and started again.  It slide down to my elbow almost immediately.  I stopped again.  This time I unstrapped it and placed it over my shirt, hoping it would stay put.  It did for the most part, but I wrapped it as tightly as I could get it and it was not very comfortable and I'm assuming it did not look very "cool" as I had hoped it would.  I'm sure my forty-one year old, mother of three children legs and abs deterred people from having any such thoughts that my armband might have looked cool, but I am ever hopeful.  As for tomorrow, if I can get my knees to work two days in a row, I will be going back to my ipod watch gadget.  Not only does it stay on well, but I can easily reach the volume button when I need to turn it up so I can't hear my labored breathing.  

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Hilarious. Have any other product ratings you can do for us? I do believe you have the ability to talk me in or out of purchasing quite a number of items!

Jenny said...

I will keep that in mind. Maybe I can start a little side bar with my favorite and least favorite products and make some advertising money!

cKAja said...

ok I like it. It was good content