Saturday, April 9, 2011

"Soul Surfer" and Centipede

Our family went to DeLeo Brother's Pizza and then to a movie today for my birthday.  I like DeLeo's pizza, but the reason I choose that restaurant every time is for their arcade games.  They have like TEN games including pinball, Frogger, PacMan and my favorite, Centipede.  If you go there, you can look up my high score.  The top three high scores are mine under the name, "mom". 

I could go on and on about arcade games, but I want to take the rest of this post to convince you to go see the movie, "Soul Surfer".  The movie is based on the true story of Bethany Hamilton, played by the cute little blong girl from "Because of Winn-Dixie" and "The Bridge to Teribithia".  Hamilton overcomes a big setback with the help of her family and her faith.  Her youth group leader is played by Carrie Underwood and her parents are played by Dennis Quade and Helen Hunt, some more of my favorite actors.  

I don't like to give movies away and I don't like to hype them up too much because I don't like it when a movie doesn't live up to it's reputation, but part of the movie's strength comes from it's bold portrayal of Hamilton's faith and how God worked in her life.  It's one of the best family movies that's come out in a long time.  I'm so glad I picked that over the lizard or the bunny cartoon.  I was looking for entertainment.  Soul Surfer gave us inspiration.