Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Too Many Squirrels in my Head to Title This Post

It's after 11:00 p.m. and it's just me and the dogs or is it, "the dogs and me?"  I don't know, but I should since I'm still scoring grammar on essay papers at this job in Woodbury I've had for five years...I mean five weeks.  It feels like it's been five weeks.  (Un)fortunately, I am not on the list of call backs for the next project which means I might be out of a job by next week!  My new friends that sit by me at work were wondering why I wasn't freaking out today and I figured it must be because I know I will not be there much longer. 

Have you ever been in a job you knew wasn't your best fit?  Ok, a more appropriate question would be, are you still in a job that isn't your best fit?  I'm not going to tell you to BREAK OUT and make a new life for yourself, because I know people have to do things they don't want to do.  It's part of life.  JB worked twenty-four hour shifts for a lot of years so I could stay home with our kids.  He liked saving people, but there was plenty to not like about Healtheast as an employer.  I need to move on before I make a list of things and then break something. I can hold a grudge with the best of them.  JB hasn't worked for Healtheast in over ten years, but I still remember some detailed circumstances including the spam ham we received one year in gratitude of his wonderful service to the company, but I digress, as usual.

 What I'm trying to say is that the immense physical and mental pain I have gone through at this job of mine has given me the swift kick in the butt that I needed to get my book published.  I'm not sure about the extent of the damage, but I'm pretty sure I lost quite a few brain cells while sitting in a chair for eight hours staring at the computer screen.  I can't afford to lose anymore brain cells with the economy the way it is.  I know that probably wasn't very analogous, but this is a prime example of how losing more brain cells is affecting my thought process and therefore my writing.  And why did I say losing "more" vs simply "losing?"  Alcohol kills brain cells too, which is explained in my book, which I will be focusing 100% of my attention on after I'm done working.  Well, besides lacrosse and football and theater sign ups and guitar lessons and my sister's big garage sale and my application to grad school and ...grad school and finishing our basement..............

No comments: