Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Happy Birthday Johnny!

It's Johnny's 13th birthday today.  When he comes home from school, he'll beg to open some presents, I'll tell him no, he'll eat some snacks, watch tv while trying to do his homework, then he'll go to lacrosse practice, then we'll have dinner, birthday cookie (vs. cake), he'll open presents and we'll go to bed sometime before midnight.  He'll have his friends here on Friday for a sleepover party, we'll order pizza, get a DQ ice cream cake and a movie and I'll try to stay up with them, but I'll fall asleep long before they do.  And then it will be Saturday, May 28th.  There will probably be more lacrosse, it'll be time to mow the lawn again, go to the grocery store for double coupon Saturday at Rainbow and the kids will begin counting down the hours left until summer vacation. 



I will take approximately eighty-five pictures, a few of which will get printed and put in a scrap book someday, probably the week before his high school graduation.  Most of you that read this blog know how fast time flies.  You totally understand when I tell you that last week we moved into our new home in Woodbury with three kids under four, I made a poster for Johnny's special day in his Kindergarten class, we went to the elementary school carnival and watched his fifth grade graduation.  Since I haven't figured out how to stop time yet, I'm doing the next best thing; making the most of the time that we have.  It seems as the years go by the only thing we have left when we look back are memories, so I'm trying not to miss out on opportunities to make more of those memories.  So, I need to run because the party is about to start and I don't want to miss anything, especially a memory making moment. 

No comments: