Saturday, January 15, 2011

Hanging Pictures and other Rambling Nonsense

I don't feel well today, so I'm going through pictures and putting them in frames or books or throwing them out.  I have a few choice pictures I haven't given up on scrapbooking, but the rest are destined to go into the dusty forgotten photo albums.  Some of them might even get put in the basement!  It makes me think of toy story and how the pictures in the basement might feel worthless because they're not hanging up for all to see.  Oh, I can tell my fever is making me delirious.  I think I can see candy on my desk.  Wait! It's for real.  And it's Dove chocolate from Christmas, which reminds me ..... of something, but now I forgot, so anyway, this could be one of my worst posts ever, but I don't like to go too long without posting something. 
I just read through the comments that were posted on our church blog about the Christmas service.  Most of them said the music was too loud.  That's surprising! Our music is always too loud.  How many more comments will it take before we actually turn the sound down a little?  It reminds me of when I ask for someone's feedback and they tell me something I don't want to hear and I realize I was hoping they were going to help me justifty my decision, so when they don't, I get mad and ask someone else for their feedback until I hear what I want to hear.  One of the best things I've ever done in my life is get honest about feedback.  Anyone can blame anything on anyone or any circumstance if they want to.  Words and actions and thoughts can all be manuevered for our advantage if we want them to.  My life didn't start to turn around until I was willing to see that my circumstances don't make me who I am, the way I react to my circumstances makes me who I am and I can only blame myself for the outcome.  I'm going to go hang some more pictures.